Tuesday, July 10, 2018

{Tell Me Something Tuesday} eReaders


It's Tuesday and I'm linking up over at Tell Me Something Tuesday hosted by Rainy Day Ramblings. This week's question of the week features ereaders. What do you like about reading on an ereader?

  I've been a reader for as long as I can remember. As a kid I picked up Goosebumps books and the Babysitter's Club series as soon as new books came out. Ironically enough, I'm the only one in my family who has a reading addiction so while everyone was doing their thing, there I was with my pile of books trying to get some peace and quiet so I could finish the chapter I was on. 
   I love books. I love their book smell, the feel of them in my hand. I love turning pages and how happy they make me. When the ereader was first introduced, I was weary about it, but when someone bought me that Christmas, I fell in love.
    Why do I love my ereader? 

      → No more having to lug five different books with me when I go on vacation.
      I was so guilty of this. Every time I would pack for vacation, I would have to decide on what books I was going to take. I hated being limited. What if I took a book, but then I wasn't in the mood for that particular book or genre? I needed options. Let me tell you though, books weigh your bag down a ton. That's why I love being able to carry hundreds with me in my purse.

       → No one knows what you're reading.
       When you have a physical book in hand, EVERYONE knows what your reading. If you were reading Fifty Shades of Grey, then everyone would know exactly why you're blushing. Also, sometimes when you're sitting their quietly trying to read and someone notices what you're reading, they want to ask "What do you think of the book?" or "What's it about?" I JUST WANT TO READ IN PEACE! 

        Easy Sharing.
        I love being able to share Kindle books with my friends within seconds. If I recommend a book to a friend in another state, I'm able to lend it with a press of a button so that they don't need to go out and buy it.

        → Bedtime Reading.
        I'm a bed reader and I hate those little flashlight things that hook onto your book. They just don't seem to work right. The light from an ereader lets me read with the lights off for as long as I possibly want at night.

        → You can instantly buy books.
        I love buying books, so this is one of my favorite features. I like being able to buy and download a book immediately without wait. 

        → Save the trees. 
        Physical books have several hundreds of pages. If you're environmentally conscious, an eReader will be your best friend. Physical books are nice when creating a cozy reading room, but when you do so, you are doing it at the expense of nature and our environment.





        







No comments:

Post a Comment