Thursday, July 19, 2018

{ARC Review} Church by Stylo Fantome

Title: Church. (Church #1)
Author: Stylo Fantome
Genre: Dark Romance
Published: July 20th, 2018
Author Links: Goodreads / Facebook
Purchase Links: Goodreads 

A broken girl.

An unusual boy.

A beautiful face that hides a dark secret and an ugly past.

Sealed lips which hide wicked words and dangerous thoughts. 

She would kill for him to love her.

He just wants to kill.

Maybe, if Emma Hartley prays hard enough, Church Logan can make both of their wishes come true.

Fuse, meet match.


MY REVIEW



   If I had to sum up Church in three words it would be DIRTY, DARK and DELICIOUS.
   Boy meets girl. Girl runs into boy in a dark hallway. Girl sees that there is more to the eye when it comes to this strange boy and finds herself intrigued by him, wanting to know more. Boy though? He's got a plan and she might just come in handy to use.
   Church, a man who doesn't speak, speaks when it comes to Emma. Emma, a woman who has been left to the clutches of her mother's many boyfriends, opens up to Church and uses him as a sounding board. When they finally collide, it's like sparks explode right from the pages of the book.
   Church and Emma's relationship is a never ending rollercoaster of lust, fuckery and fucked-up-ness. Church is a man who is haunted by his fair share of demons and Emma is like a broken porcelain doll pieced back together wrong. Together the two of them could burn down the world and screw on the corpses of those left behind in the ashes. They're such a deliciously dark couple.
    Intrigued from the beginning, I wanted to know every single detail about Church. I wanted to know why he was the way he was, why he didn't speak, what he felt and what he thought. Luckily for me, Fantome didn't fail to deliver. I fell head over heels for Church in all his dark and dangerous glory. There's just something about his character that lulls you in and makes you wet with desire. Church makes you want to embrace the darkness.
     The other half of church, Emma... well, there were times when I wanted to slap her, but at the same time I could feel her pain pouring off the pages and imagine myself in her shoes, broken and alone, reaching out for someone, anyone...and here comes Church. Definitely not the best man to take hold of her, but with an addictive personality like the one Emma has, she becomes uttely addicted to him, falling completely for his spell. Honestly, I couldn't blame her. I became addicted to Church myself thanks to Fantome's way with words.
      Styloe Fantome left me fucked up and craving more. By the time the book finished, I was a mess. I wanted more. No, I NEEDED more. I needed more Church and Emma in my life right that instant and once I read the preview for the next book, I needed them all the more. The only other book I had read from Fantome previously was The Bad Ones, which also left me all kinds of fucked up before, but this time I am still suffering from a book coma and aching for Church.
      I loved Fantome's writing and how appealing it is, even in it's darkness. The writing comes alive across the pages and the characters and plot are both messed up and crazy. I fell completely and irrevocably in love with both Church and Emma despite how fucked up both characters are. 
      Church isn't a book for the faint of heart. It's intense and twisted. It's fucked up, it's bloody, and the characters are so messed up, both separately and apart, it's not even funny, and yet...it appealed to every single part of me. It made me addicted to the words scrawled upon the pages and it called to the darkness inside, the darkness that each of us has hidden somewhere within. 
     If you like dark romances and men that will fuck up your head and leave you wanting more, then look no further. Church is the book for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment