Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Wonderous Words & Library Loot Wednesday



 Wondrous Words Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Bermuda Onion where you can share new words that you've encountered or spotlight words that you love. Today I'm sharing two of my favorite words.

Selcouth - (adj.) unfamiliar, rare, strange, and yet marvelous

Orphic - (adj.) mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding



   I'm also linking up to the weekly Library Loot meme hosted by The Captive Reader. Check out what I picked up at the library this week!




Bayou Moon by CL Bevill - I love mysteries, especially those set in the Bayou! I'm so excited to dive into this one. The book really sold me with the last few lines in the description: Bayou Moon is a gripping tale of murder, revenge, and voodoo in small town Louisiana that captures all the ambience and charm of the rural South. Someone has a secret that must be kept hidden, and God help the one who tries to uncover it...

Lord Fenton's Folly by Josi S. Kilpack - I haven't read many historical romances lately, but COYER Bingo has one on the card and this one drew my attention. Once I had it home from the library, I realized just how mixed the reviews are from two stars to five. It will be interesting to see what I think of it.

Into the Darkness by V.C. Andrews - I'm a big fan of V.C. Andrews so I picked this one up on a whim. I hadn't read anything by the author in awhile. Once again, I see reviews are really mixed on this one, most of them poor, so I'm not sure how this one will measure up, but I'm going to form my own opinion.

When by Victoria Laurie - I don't read much YA, but I picked this up since I was curious after reading the blurb.

This Could Change Everything by Jill Mansell - This seemed like a perfect read for my vacation so it's packed up and ready to go with me. It's been awhile since I've picked up a Jill Mansell book, but I wanted something light for beach reading.





1 comment:

  1. Both of those words are new to me. I like them because I think I can use them. Thanks for playing along today!

    ReplyDelete