Friday, June 15, 2018

#COYER Big Summer Birthday Sign Up


    Before I moved to Boho Book Reviews, I ran Bottles & Books Reviews. I participated in COYER a few times and it was a ton of fun. These girls go out out their way to make COYER not only challenging, but a blast to participate in through Twitter parties, weekly games and more. 
    I took a year hiatus from blogging. There was no issues or drama to stop me from blogging, I just took time to spend with my son, to take time for myself and to work on other projects in my life. Now, I'm back to blogging and what better way to kick it off than with COYER's Big Summer Birthday Bash.
    There is so much going on during this summer's COYER, so I'm sharing the parts that I will be doing. If you want full details, you can visit the COYER Challenge website.

Basics -
  • The challenge runs from June 9th to August 31st.
  • It's summer! ... Anything goes! Any format, any price, any legally obtained book.
Goodies - 
  • Goody #1: Declare your cleaning goal. I'm aiming for "Spring Clean" meaning 11-20 books, but who knows, maybe I'll end up deep cleaning ;) 
  • Goody #3: Participate in at least ONE Readathon. I'll be participating in the following readathons: 
  1. Fairy Tales with a Twist - Read fairy tale re-retellings from Sunday, June 17th to Saturday, June 23rd. 
  2. Christmas in July - Read Holiday themed books from Sunday, July 15th to Saturday, July 21st. 
  3. Dusting off The Shelves - Read the oldest books on your TBR list. They need to have sat on your shelf for at least a year. The readathon runs from Sunday, July 29th to Saturday, August 4th.
  4. Scary Stories by the Campfire! - Read about ghosts, goblins, and any other horror/thriller that would make for a scary campfire tale from Sunday, August 5th to Saturday, August 11th.
  • Goody #4: Participate in one or all of the Mini-Challenges hosted by COYER participants. I don't know what all the Mini-Challenges will be but I know I'll be participating in at least one or more!
  • Goody #5: Participate in the Mini Scavenger Hunt - This runs from Sunday, August 12th to Saturday, August 25th. The scavenge hunt list can be found on the main sign-up page.
  • Goody #6: Participate in the Social Media Games in the Facebook group and the Twitter parties. I'm going to try to participate as much as possible in the Facebook games and attend as many parties as I'm able.
  • Goody #7: Fill in 1 or all 4 Bingo Boards. I'm going to try to fill in at least one!
  • Goody #8: Survive Hurricane Berls! Read only eBooks, $1 or less, that you already own (including ARCS) from Wednesday, July 25th to Saturday, July 28th.
  • Goody #9: Make a list of 15 books and read at least 10 of them. See my list below.
  • Goody #10: Participate in the Switch! Each week from Sunday, June 24th to Saturday, July 14th, do the STRICT, the LIST, and the ONE WITH THE TWIST. I'll be doing the Switch in that order.
           THE STRICT - JUNE 24TH TO JUNE 30TH
  1. Every book you read MUST be an eBook or audio book.
  2. Every book must be either FREE or less than $5
  3. No library books, borrowed books or Kindle Unlimited. 
           THE LIST - JULY 1ST TO JULY 7TH 
  1. Make a list of up to 15 books you want to read (I'll be using the same list as I wrote for Goody #9)
  2. Every book on the list must be in your possession before you put them on the list. Books can be any format, any price as long as obtained in a legal way.
           THE ONE WITH THE TWIST - JULY 8TH TO JULY 14TH 
  1. You can read any book, any price, obtained any legal way.
  2. The Twist is that you have to stick with just one format. I'll be reading eBooks through it!


GOODY #9 READING LIST/"THE LIST"
1. Rosecliff Manor Haunting - Cheryl Bradshaw
2. The Scars I Bare - J.L. Berg
3. Clam Jam - RC Boldt
4. Betting off Dead - Tonya Kappes
5. Wasted Words - Staci Hart
6. The Space Between - Dete Meserve
7. Royal Order - Leslie North
8. Rock Legend - Tara Leigh
9. Christmas in Evergreen - Nancy Naigle
10. Six Years Gone - Jessica Gouin
11. Road Tripped - Nicole Archer
12. Denial - Lisa Renee Jones
13. The Prince - Jillian Dodd
14. A Stone in the Sea - A.L. Jackson
15. She Was the Quiet One - Michele Campbell



No comments:

Post a Comment