Tuesday, August 28, 2018

{Top Ten Tuesday} Hot for Teacher Edition


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at That Artsy Reader Girl. Book bloggers are invited to share their top ten lists each week with a focus on a certain theme. This week's Top Ten Tuesday theme is a back to school freebie, so I'm sharing my favorite teacher/student romances. 

1. To Professor, with Love by Linda Kage

Junior in college. Star athlete. Constant attention from the opposite sex.

On this campus, I'm worshiped. While seven hundred miles away, back in my hometown, I'm still trailer park trash, child of the town tramp, and older sibling to three kids who are counting on me to keep my shit together so I can take them away from the same crappy life I grew up in.

These two opposing sides of myself never mix until one person gets a glimpse of the true me. I never expected to connect with anyone life this or want more beyond one night. This may be the real deal.

Problem is, Dr. Kavanagh's my literature professor. 

If I start anything with a teacher and we're caught together, I might as well kiss my entire future goodbye, as well as my family's, and especially Dr. Kavanaugh's. Except sometimes love is worth risking everything. Or at least, it damn well better be because I can only resist so much.


2. Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry

To Whom it May Concern,

It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soulmates. 

When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn't plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no idea that my happiness would remember its own bliss.

When I started my senior year at my new school, I wasn't prepared to call him Mr. Daniels, but sometimes life happens at the wrong time for all the right reasons.

Our love story wasn't only about the physical connection. 

It was about family. It was about loss. It was about being alive. It was silly. It was painful. It was mourning. It was laughter. 

It was ours. 

And for those reasons alone, I would never apologize for Loving Mr. Daniels.

-Ashlyn Jennings

3. Beautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland

The first time I met Caine West was in a bar.
He noticed me looking his way and mistakenly read my scowling as checking him out.
When he attempted to talk to me, I set him straighttelling him what I thought of his lying, cheating, egomanical ass.
You see, the gorgeous jerk had wined and dined my best friend--smooth talking her into his bed, all along failing to mention that he was married.
He deserved every bit of my tongue-lashing and more for what he'd done.
Especially when that lazy smile graced his perfect face in response to my rant.
Only it turned out, the man I'd just told off wasn't the right guy.
Oops. My mistake.
Embarrassed, I slunk out without an apology.
I was never going to see the handsome stranger again anyway, right?
That's what I thought...until I walked into class the next morning.
Well, hello Professor West, I'm your new teaching assistant.
I'll be working under you...figuratively speaking.
Although the literal interpretation might not be such a bad thingworking under Professor West.
This was going to be interesting...

4. Eighteen: 18 by J.A. Huss

Eighteen is hard.
And so is Mateo Alesci.
He's hard to read, hard to predict, hard in every way that counts. He wants things from me.
Dirty things, nasty things, forbidden things.
And I have to give in.
His attention is completely inappropriate, but I can't say no. The way he looks at me... the way he watches me through my bedroom window... the way he drags me deeper and deeper into his completely forbidden fantasy world just...turns me on.
He knows it turns me on.
He holds all the power. He holds all the cards.
He holds my entire future in his hands.
And I have to give in.
Because Mr. Alesci is my teacher.
And I need everything he's offering.

5. Black Rainbow by J.J. McAvoy
After an erotic one-week fling with a musician she meets in a bar, Thea Cunning never expects to see Levi Black again. Then Monday morning comes around, and she discovers that her former lover is not only her professor, but he's also one of the top criminal lawyers in the state of Massachusetts.

With everyone in class vying to be one of the twelve disciplesa group of twelve students that Professor Black takes under his wingtensions run high.Thea considers dropping his class, given their passionate week together and their undeniable chemistry. After all, there are other (less infuriatingly sexy) law professors on campus.

But to accomplish her goal and get her father out of prison, Thea knows she needs to learn under the best of the bestand that's Levi Black.

But can she learn under the best, without being under the best?

6. Pushing the Limits by Brooke Cumberland

He's my art professor.
I'm his student.
With an electric connection and undeniable chemistry, I know it won't be long until one of us cracks.

When the opportunity arises to pose naked for the entire art class, I can't help the thrill of knowing he'll be watching me.
While they all look past me with their eyes narrowed and concentrated, drawing only the lines and angles of my body, he sees right through me down to my vulnerability.

He sees more than just the physical aspectshe sees me.
That's when I see the struggle in his features as he tries to stay in control.

How do we keep our distance when everything seems to be pulling us together?
What feels so right can only go wrong if we keep pushing the limits.

7. A Pound of Flesh by Sophie Jackson

Haunted by nightmares of her father's street murder fifteen years ago, Kat Lane decides to face her fears and uphold his legacy of helping others by teaching inmates at a New York prison. There she meets arrogant Wesley Carter, who's as handsome as he is dangerous, as mysterious as he is quick-witted, and with a reputation that ensures people will keep their distance.

As teacher and student, Kat and Carter are forced to leave their animosities at the door and learn that one should never judge a book by its cover. As Carter's barriers begin to crumble, Kat releases there's much more to her angry student than she thought, leaving them to face a new, perilous obstacle: their undeniable attraction to one another.



8. Honor Student by Teresa Mummert

Emma lives a very self-destructive life, barely making her way through college. Her world is turned upside down after meeting Mr. Honor, her new history teacher whose idea of discipline may be be a little too much for Emma to handle. While trying to figure out their new relationship, they also have to deal with the very real possibility that someone has discovered their secret and is trying to hurt them. But Mr. Honor is keeping a few secrets of his own from Emma.









9. Dark Notes by Pam Godwin

They call me a slut. Maybe I am.
Sometimes I do things I despise.
Sometimes men take without asking.

But I have a musical gift, only a year left of high school, and a plan.
With one obstacle.

Emeric Marceaux doesn't just take.
He seizes my will power and bangs it like a dark note.
When he commands me to play, I want to give him everything.
I kneel for his punishments, tremble for his touch, and risk it all for our stolen moments.

He's my obsession, my master, my music.
And my teacher.



10. Unteachable by Leah Raeder

Maise O'Malley just turned eighteen, but she's felt like a grown-up her entire life. The summer before senior year, she has plans: get into a great film school, convince her mom to go into rehab, and absolutely do not, under any circumstances, screw up her own future.

But life has a way of throwing her plans into free-fall.

When Maise meets Evan at a carnival one night, their chemistry is immediate, intense, and short-lived. Which is exactly how she likes it: no strings. But afterward, she can't get Evan out of her head. He's taught her that a hookup can be something more. It can be an unexpected connection with someone who truly understands her. Someone who sees beyond her bravado to the scared but strong girl inside.

That someone turns out to be her new film class teacher, Mr. Evan Wilke.

Maise and Evan resolve to keep their hands off each other, but the attraction is too much to bear. Together, they're real and genuine; apart, they're just actors playing their parts for everyone else. And their masks are slipping.  People start to notice. Rumors fly. When the truth comes to light in a shocking way, they may learn they were just playing parts for each other, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment